Movie Night at SOMO Village
Do you have Halloween plans? If not, why not go to a free drive-in Halloween-themed movie at the SOMO Village parking lot sponsored by the City of Rohnert Park Community Services Department? All of the children will receive a treat bag including candy and a Halloween-themed craft to do in the car while waiting for the movie to start.
This event is sponsored by Measure M-Parks for All which was passed by the voters in 2018.
Since the city had to cancel its annual Halloween Carnival due to the COVID-19 restriction on large gatherings, they wanted to provide a fun, safe and family-friendly event that everyone could enjoy on Halloween weekend whether trick or treating is in their plans.
The movie, ParaNorman will be featured October 30 and the movie Casper will be held October 31. ParaNorman is a story about a boy who must use his ability to see and speak with the dead to save his town from an old curse.
The SOMO Village parking lot will open at 6 p.m. and the movies will begin at dark. Reservations are required by calling 707-588-3456 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or visit www.recity.org/halloween to reserve a space online.
There will be portable restrooms and hand washing stations available on site, but we are encouraging people to use the restroom before arriving for the movie.
How You Can Help Us Provide Better Service
At SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park our goals are to provide excellent service to our customers and to build up our reputation as knowledgeable experts in the field of Restoration/Mitigation. Our team consists of local-residents who want the best for their communities. We understand that needing an emergency restoration service means going through an unfortunate experience. However, we want you to take comfort in knowing that we have your best interests in mind. Therefore, we are open to hearing your thoughts and/or concerns. We are committed to leaving a positive impact and are not satisfied with our work until we restore the damage done to your property to make it look "Like it never even happened."
Please feel free to contact us either by phone: (707) 588-8226 or by our social media pages (links below).
We value your feedback!
Click here to see us on Facebook
Click here to see us on Instagram
Click here to see us on Twitter
Protect your Family and Home
This fire originated in the kitchen.
House fire is a scary situation. It is a disaster that no one ever wants to experience in their life. As a fire restoration and cleaning company, what we come to realize is, many fires originate from the dryer. Here are some ways that you can prevent dryer fire from destroying your home.
- Always clean your lent screen before pushing the start button.
- Regularly clean your vent hose and make sure to check that they are in good shape. Try to keep the vent hose as short as possible to avoid clogging.
- Clean the vent line regularly to prevent clogging. If you are not able to clean the vent yourself, call SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park. We have professionals who can quickly remove and restore your vent line.
- Keep the area around and behind your dryer clean and away from any material that can cause a fire.
- Regularly clean the lint inside of the dryer. Some dryers today may be more difficult to clean in which you'll need a technician help.
- If you have a gas dryer, make sure you check your gas line periodically. When in doubt, replace the gas line.
If you need professional assistance in cleaning out your vent line, call us today at 707-588-8226. We are "Here to Help".
Firing Up the Grill
With the warm weather, it's crucial that we are careful when a BBQ is in full swing. Being safe can help avoid fire and smoke damage that could result from carelessness. If something were to happen our SERVPRO team is ready to go to aid in fire damage loss and restoration. We also help with smoke cleanup in your property, whether it be your home or your place of business we can respond quickly and have a group ready to go shortly after we receive the call. It is important to know who to call when an emergency happens because you never know when disaster will strike.
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park is ready to help. Call us at (707)588-8226
What to do with Water Damages?
Call SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park
At SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park we are faster to any size disaster, your water damage or flooding is no problem for us to handle!
Standing or slowly dripping water attracts microorganisms. Moisture is the driving force allowing for growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria. SERVPRO utilizes a proprietary software technology called CCIS to inventory each room. We will assist to "restore before replace" to control costs and expedite to completion the entire service.
Call SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park for excellent, effective water removal services. Trust the trained technicians of SERVPRO. We work to get your home looking "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park is locally owned and operated so we’re always ready to help with any-sized flood or water damage emergencies.
Call us 24/7 at (707) 588-8226
Main Causes of Home Water Damage
Insurance companies report that approximately 93 percent of water damage claims last year could have been prevented by simple home maintenance or the use of a standard shut-off system or leak detection system. With most flood damage claims costing an average of $5,000 in repairs, it's extremely beneficial for homeowners to understand and easily identify possible threats that might lead to water damage.
According to insurance companies, rain damage makes up for 8 percent of all water damage claims. Even small amounts of rain, over time, can wear down at your home and cause eventual damage to your home's foundation or interior. Extreme weather conditions such as floods can also cause major damage to homes, especially without the proper protection. Flood damages lead to especially dangerous amounts of standing water, which can house harmful bacteria and pathogens that often lead to illness.
Many plumbing problems such as burst pipes and pipe leaks occur within walls and can be very difficult to detect. Left undetected for long periods of time, these plumbing problems can cause severe water damage. Leaky and burst pipes are the most common culprits of flood damage, often resulting from backed up drains and toilets. Experts suggest regular inspections of your pipes in order to catch potential problems and make necessary repairs before any real damage occurs.
Older and malfunctioning appliances can wreak havoc on a home's internal water systems. Weak hoses and rusted or cracked pipes can lead to future leaks and water accumulation. Homes most frequently experience damage from damaged or aged washing machines and hot water tanks; however, dishwashers, refrigerators, and water heaters can also become more and more susceptible to damage over time. Fixing or replacing older models can prevent future leaks and water damage.
Air Conditioning, Heating, and Ventilation Systems
Most homeowners don't realize that their heating and air conditioning systems require regular maintenance. Without proper attention, these units can see severe moisture buildups which can contribute to the growth of mold and mildew deposits. To prevent these issues, schedule regular maintenance with a professional to catch possible damage. Replacing old fixtures may be necessary in the long run to prevent moisture buildups and, ultimately, water damage.
How to Prevent Water Damage
While some water disasters occur as a result of unpredictable and uncontrollable circumstances, most H2O damage can be prevented through regular home inspections and the periodic maintenance of household products. Homeowners can also install a shut-off system or leak detection system to catch leaks and shut off your water main automatically in the case of a hazardous leak. Investments in smaller repairs and other preventative measures can end up saving you hundreds, even thousands of dollars in the long run.
If you need professional help, call SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert park today 707-588-8226.
When Water Damage Strikes
Here at SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park, we specialize in water damage restoration. If you have recently experienced a water damage loss due to a recent storm or flood, we can help. We understand the stress that comes when your home or business has been affected by a flood or storm.
Here is some top reason why you should choose SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park to restore your property when tragedies strike your home or business.
Prevent further structural damage or mold
- We have a 24-hour emergency service that allows us to respond to your needs immediately.
- Immediate action can prevent mold
We have the right tools
- Specialize equipment to get the job done
- Experience technicians
Fixing water damages yourself can be dangerous and time consuming
- Please remember that water damages should be left to professionals. Without the proper tools and expertise, you can hurt yourself or someone else.
- We can have our professional water damage experts to clean and restore you home, so you can rest at ease.
- Our crews can have the job done quickly.
Prevent water damages to your home and belonging
- Avoid permanent damage by contacting us right away
- Procrastination can cost you a lot of money
Get rid of bad odors
- Our reliable team of experts can eliminate the bad odors from your property
- We can deodorize your home to ensure it smells clean and fresh
Call Today -SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park 707-588-8226
The Most Common Causes of Commercial Fires
Fire happening in a commercial building.
Commercial fire can be devastating, harming both human and property. Every year, there are as many as 75,000 commercial building fires in the United States. U.S. fire departments responded to about 3,300 office property fires per year. These fires caused an annual average of 85 civilian deaths, 1,325 civilian fire injuries and $3.2 billion in direct property damage, according to the (NFPA) National Fire Prevention Association. Though some are small and cause relatively little harm, many others pose a great risk to life and property. Fortunately, many fires can be prevented if you’re aware of the potential hazards. Here are several of the most common causes of commercial building fires.
Many commercial fires can be attributed to human error and are not meant to be malicious. For example, spilling liquids on electrical equipment, leaving a coffee pot on, or burning food in the kitchen can easily cause a fire to break out. To decrease the chances of this happening in your commercial building, perform risk assessments to determine if any changes need to be implemented, provide proper staff training, and ensure fire extinguishers are easily accessible throughout the building.
Negligence fires are the result of someone not following proper procedures and can usually be easily avoided by proper staff training. For example, storing or handling flammable items improperly or covering electrical equipment that must have air can result in a fire that causes significant commercial fire damage.
Unfortunately, arson is a frequent cause of commercial fires, particularly in industrial buildings and factories. This may be an act of vandalism, an attempt to collect insurance money or even the work of an unhappy employee. To minimize the damage associated with arson, you may want to consider installing an automatic sprinkler system.
Faulty Wiring/ Electrics
Electrical issues are another frequent cause of commercial fires. For example, outdated equipment, loose or frayed wires, and overloaded plugins can spark a fire with little to no advance warning. This is why it is so important to make certain your electrical equipment, including boilers, hot water heaters, and furnaces are in good working order and able to handle their workload. To ensure your equipment/ appliances are functioning properly, you may want to invest in a portable appliance tester (PAT).
SERVPRO of Petaluma / Rohnert Park can respond immediately to your commercial fire damage emergency regardless of the size or scope of the damage. Whether your fire emergency occurs in a restaurant, motel or office building, we will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – (925)299-1323
Be Prepared for the Wildfires
If you watch the TV or read the papers, you know it's time for the wildfires! As the heat rises, and the vegetation dries, we're only a spark away from disaster. Will you be ready?
If you live on a remote hillside, or in a valley, prairie or forest where flammable vegetation is plentiful, you could be vulnerable to wildfires. These fires are usually triggered by lightning or accidents.
1. Fire facts:
- Once a fire starts in a rural area, it is hard to control. Wildland firefighters are trained to protect natural resources, not our homes or buildings. The fact that many homes are located far from fire stations, causes longer emergency response times. Within a matter of minutes, an entire home can be destroyed by fire. Limited water supply in rural areas can make fire fighting difficult. Homes that are secluded and surrounded by woods and brush fuel fires.
2. Be prepared and have a fire safety and evacuation plan:
- Practice fire escape and evacuation plans.
- Mark the entrance to your property with address signs that are clearly visible from the road.
- Know which local emergency services to call and have those numbers posted near telephones.
- Provide access for emergency vehicles at least 12 feet wide with turnaround space.
3. Tips for making your property fire resistant:
- Keep lawns cut, leaves raked, and the roof and rain-gutters free from leaves and sticks.
- Keep Stacked firewood at least 30 feet away from your home.
- Store flammable things in metal containers outside the home at least 30 feet away from buildings and wooden fences.
- Create a "defensible space" by thinning trees within 30 feet around your house.
- Landscape with more fire resistant plants to prevent fire from spreading quickly. For example, hardwood trees are more fire-resistant than pine, evergreen, eucalyptus, or fir trees.
- Make sure water sources, such as hydrants, ponds, swimming pools and wells, can be reached by the fire department.
4. Protect your home:
- Use a fire resistant or protective roofing materials like stone, brick and metal to protect your home.
- Cover all exterior vents, attics and eaves with metal mesh screens to prevent debris from collecting and to help keep sparks out.
- Install multi-pane windows, tempered safety glass or fireproof shutters. This helps to protect large windows from heat.
- Use fire-resistant draperies.
- Have chimneys, wood stoves and all heating systems inspected and cleaned every year.
- Insulate chimneys and place "spark arresters" on top.
NOTE: The chimney should be at least three feet above the roof, and be sure to remove branches around the chimney, or any that hang over.
5. Follow local burning laws:
- Do not burn trash or other yard waste without knowing local burning laws.
- Before burning anything in a wooded area, make sure you notify local authorities and obtain a burning permit.
- Use an approved incinerator with a safety lid or covering with holes no larger than 3/4 inches.
- Create at least a 10-foot clearing before burning debris.
- Have a fire extinguisher or garden hose on hand when burning.
6. If a wildfire threatens your home (and you have time), consider this:
- Shut off gas at the meter. Turn off pilot lights.
- Open fireplace damper. Close fireplace screens.
- Close windows, vents, doors, blinds or noncombustible window coverings. Remove flammable drapes.
- Move furniture into the center of the home away from windows and sliding-glass doors.
- Close all interior doors and windows to prevent drafts.
- Gather people and pets into one room. Make plans to care for your pets if you must evacuate.
- Back your car into the garage or park it in an open space facing the direction of escape. Leave the key in the ignition and the car doors unlocked. Close garage windows and doors.
- Seal attic and ground vents.
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Place combustible patio furniture inside.
- Connect garden hose to outside taps. Place lawn sprinklers on the roof and near above-ground fuel tanks. Wet the roof.
- Wet or remove shrubs within 15 feet of the home.
- Gather fire tools such as a rake, axe, handsaw or chainsaw, bucket, and shovel.
7. If you are advised to evacuate, do it! Don't wait. Choose a route away from the fire.
The secret of dealing with all disasters is being prepared!!! With a lot of thought and preparation, situations that may have been deadly, can often be dealt with safely.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Christine_E_Cederquist/8320
Commercial restoration cleaning is a special type of cleaning service that is offered to buildings that have been damaged by water, fire, or some sort of national disaster. It takes a lot of knowledge and expertise to be done right, and it is important to use after the event of a disaster has occurred. No matter how much damage or how much mess is left after a fire or flood, things can be salvaged and the building or home can be cleaned. Here is more information on this type of cleaning service:
One way to use commercial restoration cleaning is to have all of your carpet professionally dried, shampooed, and vacuumed. This will either salvage the carpet that has been damaged or dirtied, or it will make the decision to replace the flooring altogether more apparent. Any type of cloth or upholstered surface can be cleaned during this process. All of the right methods and products will be used and you can count on the fact that everything will be done in order to make your carpet look like new.
Another example of this type of service is removing any type of foul odor from a home or building. No matter what caused the odor, or how potent it is, there is always a way to clean it and get rid of it. No one likes to be at home or at a commercial property while putting up with an unbearable smell. You can also have your place of business or home completely disinfected from any type of chemical or bacteria. It takes real professionals to go in and make a building safe again in the event of an accident or emergency. This keeps the place healthy and everyone that goes inside healthy and free of harmful bacteria.
If your home has been severely flooded or burnt, the best thing to do is to call in this type of restoration cleaning service as soon as possible. The longer you wait the worst the damage becomes. As soon as you get the company in to inspect your home and to start cleaning it, you will then be able to see what is salvageable and what isn't. This also makes your case with your insurance company much easier to go through.
In any type of event that takes a real commercial grade cleaning company that specializes in restoration you should not hesitate to call and get a quote.
Call us 24/7 at (707) 665-0822