Causes of Kitchen Fires
The kitchen is the source of many fire hazards because it's where heat, electricity, water and grease come together. The most common type of fire is the grease fire. A grease fire is extremely dangerous as it can get out of control quickly and spread from the stove throughout the kitchen and into other rooms of the house.
Common Causes of Kitchen Fires
- Too high temperature in the fryer
- Vegetable, more flammable, oils
- Old, more flammable oil, in the deep fryer
- Fat deposits in the flue and ventilation ducts
- Misalignment sprinklers due to equipment moved around
- Clogged melting links of the sprinklers leading to impaired function
Other types of kitchen fires include oven fire or the microwave. When a fire starts, keep the door closed and turn off the oven. The lack of oxygen will suffocate the flames. If continues to smoke like a fire use a fire extinguisher or call fire department.
At SERVPRO of Petaluma/Rohnert Park we are available 24 hours and 7 days a week. Give us a call at 707-665-0822. We can help make any fire damage you are facing and make it, "Like it never even happened."